Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Welcome to the Novato Sports Blog

Hello Novato sports enthusiasts.  


Welcome to the new blog dedicated to bringing you information and updates about all things sports in Novato. While I realize that it will take some time to get there, my goal is to create a place where you can expect to find what you want to know about the wide variety of amateur sports teams and individual athletes from our favorite California city.  


Of course, I'm going to need a lot of help to make this happen.  Unfortunately, there isn't much that gets published in the local Novato Advance and Marin IJ because they simply don't have the resources to make it happen. But I know there is already a whole army of people out there who can track and submit scores, updates, rosters, etc. that represent a veritable goldmine of local sports information screaming for publication.


And that, my friends, is where all of you come in.  As a Novato sports enthusiast you are either a purveyor of Novato sports information or you know someone who is.  So when you have a final score from you son or daughter's baseball, soccer, football, basketball, lacrosse or any other game, event or competition, just think of sending it here for publication.  Or, if you have information or know about an article that has been posted about a Novato athelete, send it on it.  Same goes for photos of Novato teams and athletes in action. I only ask that if you have more that a few photos PLEASE post them on Shutterfly, Flickr, Photobucket, ImageShack, or the image posting site of your choice and then send me a link and details about what is available there.  


I'm sure there will be more that I'll need to tell you about and ask you for in the future, but I'll add those as they come up.  For now, I just want to see what we can all do to start bringing more visibility to Novato sports.


Cheers! - Jason 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ratings by outbrain